Setup Your TP-LINK in access point mode
In this setup guide, we’ll use a connected LAN cable between TP-Link and Internet modem to setup TP-LINK access point mode. We need a connected LAN cable between TP-LINK and Internet modem. TP-LINK will broadcast wifi for devices such as mobile phones, tabs, and laptops, etc.
In Access Point mode, TP-LINK does not issue an IP address. Access point mode will help TP-LINK work better.
- Open a web browser e.g chrome or safari and enter TP-LINK’s IP address 192.168.0.1 in your browser.
- In credentials window put username and password “admin”. For login issue visit here.
Go to operation mode and select the Access point second option. Then click save option.
TP-Link will restart automatically. Wait a minute. There are some changes like in the left menu, some functions have been removed. If you find Access Point mode in status then we have successfully switched to Access Point mode.
Set your wifi name and password.
- Go to Wireless option at the left menu
- Select basic settings and name the wifi at “Wireless Network Name”. In this example TP-Link_AP.
- Click Save and wait for a short period.
- Now set up the password for wifi. Go to Wireless Security and select WPA2_PSK for version and AES for encryption.
- Set a password in “Wireless Password” and click save.
- Again wait for a little period.
- Check your wifi connection.
To know more about TP-LINK routers visit here